I’m so glad the hectic week is over and I can take the weekend to relax & live life! The other night, I posted a simple meal of spaghetti squash with marinara sauce & black beans I made on Twitter and many of you asked me for the recipe. To be honest, I made this recipe one night when I was craving a combination of spaghetti and chili (odd…right?) I pretty much threw together some simple ingredients and voila…one of my favorite meals was made:
Let’s Get Started, shall we?!
“Spaghetti” Marinara w/ Black Beans
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 can of black beans rinsed & drained
1/2 yellow onion
1 clove of chopped garlic
Marinara Sauce (to your liking)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.Take a large knife and poke holes all over the spaghetti squash. Place the squash in the microwave for 4 minutes (enough to soften it)
3. Take a large knife and cut the spaghetti squash in half length wise. Scoop out the seeds and discard them.
4. Place the squash cut side down in a glass dish with about 1/2 inch of water & cover with foil. Put in the oven for 50 minutes.
5. When there is about 10 minutes left, sauté the onions & garlic in a pan with olive oil. After 2 minutes, add the black beans. Add the marinara sauce to the pan and let simmer.
6. When the squash is done, take a fork and shred the squash. It will shred into little noodles!
7. Put the shredded squash in a bowl and pour the sauce on top.
**I baked my squash so that the noodles came out a bit crunchy. If you like softer noodles, leave it in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.**
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It is so simple to make and makes great leftovers as well! Try it out & let me know if it satisfies your spaghetti craving🙂